Cycle News

Cycle News 2024 Issue 16 April 23

Cycle News is a weekly magazine that covers all aspects of motorcycling including Supercross, Motocross and MotoGP as well as new motorcycles

Issue link: https://magazine.cyclenews.com/i/1519483

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 112 of 143

P112 RIDE REVIEW I 2024 YAMAHA YZ250X smooth onset of torque from the bottom end. The new X is no different. The updated body styling with rerouted air channels makes the engine breathe more efficiently, resulting in improved bottom- to midrange controllability by reducing that "lightswitch," on-or-off, power. As a result, the bike is easier to ride overall and requires less energy than your typi - cal old-school two-stroke. This usability of low-end torque was something I favored back home on the moto track, but now it feels equally advanta - geous in slower-speed woods. Pair that with the specially tuned YPVS system and CDI, and the YZX has a much more versatile powerplant than I had anticipated. Yes, you can still rev it up and make it sing like a classic 250cc two-stroke, but the smooth roll-on made it ultra-easy to ride in the never-ending technical sections of our GNCC-inspired testing (Top) The new body styling features a rear-entry air intake that improves breathing and power. (Middle) There is plenty of power hidden in the YZ250X's engine and all of it is useable. (Bottom) Slim bodywork makes it simple to move around on the bike. (Right) Riders can still hit the motocross track on the X, which makes it twice as much fun to ride.

Articles in this issue

Archives of this issue

view archives of Cycle News - Cycle News 2024 Issue 16 April 23